Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sabah- Part 3

22 April 2009

Wah... we woke up quite early today. Took shower, had heavy breakfast and off we went to Kinabalu Park (without actually having any maps in our hands). The one we had only provided details of KK city. So, with a huge determination, we headed to UMS, 1Borneo and made a couple of stops at the petrol stations and 1 3/4 hours later, we arrived at Kinabalu Park. We passed by Tamparuli Bridge but didn't stop at the Ranau Hot Springs... Along the way, the scenery was soul capturing...

Adnin made us hiked on our feet along the Kinabalu Park trail. I needed to make use of my inhaler as we were making our way back to the entrance. But it was worth every second of it... I wish we had more time to stay at the Park.

After spending our money at the pricy souvenir shop, (the one at the entrance is quite expensive compared to the one near the Botanical Park) we found our way to Kundasang. Bought some local knick-knacks. It was the 1st time I had a taste of the Spinach crackers.

And later, we climbed up the Kundasang Memorial Park. It strucked me as I found out that the Death March that started from Sandakan ended there, at Kundasang. The history of human sacrifice to fight for independence really strucked me when I visited Sandakan last 2 years. It was kinda a close chapter for that particular history lesson.

As we were climbing down the stairs, the Azan from a nearby mosque touched our hearts, and so off we went to the Kundasang Mosque, located on a very steep hill.

After completing prayers, we decided to head back KK. Before sitting down for our dinner at the 1 Borneo Mall, we paid a visit to the Tun Datu Mustapha building. My buddy couldn't get me for wanting to capture the photo of that barrel building. Sigh!

Then, we had our dinner at the 1 Borneo Food Court, we were so hungry, we had our dinner in a complete silence. I had my Laksa Sarawak. Ok lah, tasted better one. We were quite impressed of all the dining utensils are products of IKEA. Nice...


Finally, before ending our day, we made a stop to pray at the Likas Mosque. Cool! Especially with the lights in the nite really highlighted the beauty structure and towers of the mosque that sprawls on man-made lagoon...


End of Day 3.

No comments: